AST Holland has just sent the first run of AST 4150s to our shores. Expected delivery is the week of April 15th, 2013.
The AST 4150s will replace the highly successful AST 4100 models. The new AST 4150 is also a single adjustable, monotube, high performance coilover system. The original 4100 was TUV tested and approved including a 24 hour test around the Nurburgring. The 4150 series dampers combine all the lessons learned from our experience with AST 4100s, Moton 2 Way Pro, and road racing in GRAND-AM. The new package starts at $2,200, a price that beats similar competitors by approximately $400.
AST 4150s include these improvements:
- New digressive piston design proven over two years in GRAND-AM road racing offering an increase in the low speed rebound adjustment range allowing for racecar damping on full stiff and a compliant street friendly damping on full soft
- Modular design to make easy upgrades – can be upgraded to 2way, compression adjustable dampers
- New lower friction seals proven in endurance racing, but safe for the street
- New strut design with increased rigidity from external and internal improvements
- Aluminum rear dampers with fully threaded bodies, allowing easy upgrade to coilover shock orientation
- Improved click adjustment on dampers
- Switch to synthetic fluid proven in race environments
Our first production run includes sets for the following vehicles:
- A 504 001 – Honda S2000
- A 505 001 – BMW E36 chassis (all)
- A 505 002 – BMW E46 chassis (all)
- A 505 003 – BMW E90 chassis (all)
- A 517 002 – Ford Mustang (all S197)
- A 531 004 – Subaru GD STI (call for non STI applications)
- A 531 006 – Subaru GR STI (call for non STI applications)
- A 531 001 – Subaru BRZ and Scion FR-S
Check with dealers from our dealer page for details on availability.